Benefits of Yoga
Even many who regularly practice yoga themselves often know nothing about the true meaning of yoga. Yoga is not just physical self-development, it is a much broader concept that includes several systems and types.
It is an entire philosophy that has evolved over thousands of years and has been influenced by different religious beliefs and the knowledge of spiritual leaders.
The word “yoga” means “to unite” or “connect”, because the essence of yoga is the liberation and merging of both the physical body and the mind with the divine or universe.
It is a way to bring a person into harmony with himself, developing both body and spirit (power of thought, intellect, etc.). If a person can control himself at all these levels, he becomes strong and spiritual.
A person can achieve everything he wants in his life, all he has to do is develop the ability to think positively, thus contributing to success.
With positive thinking, it is possible to overcome illnesses, failures and all the other negative things that are encountered in today’s fast-paced life.
Although yoga is thousands of years old and has been recorded over time in Hindu scriptures, in books written by various spiritual leaders and in other literature, it is not just knowledge.
Yoga is a state of human consciousness. If people do not practice yoga on a spiritual level, it is a simple exercise or recreation, not a fusion with the universe.
Gymnastics and other physical and mental activities, commonly referred to as yoga, are just yoga tools to get to this fusion with the universe.
Even in modern society, there is a misconception that it directly relates yoga to Hinduism and is a way of practicing this religion, similar to praying Christians.
True, yoga originated from the ascetic lifestyle of Hindus in northern India, and many elements of it have survived to the present day, but yoga does not preach Hinduism or any other religion, and yoga has been influenced by various elements of Buddhism. You don’t have to be a Hindu to practice yoga.
Nowadays, yoga has many styles and types. We can divide all yoga into classical yoga and the branches of yoga that have developed over the last centuries.
Classical yoga includes:
- Hatha Yoga;
- Raja Yoga;
- Karma Yoga;
- Bhakti Yoga;
- and Jnana Yoga.
We base these types of yoga on various yoga tools for reaching spiritual enlightenment and merging with the universe.
Hatha Yoga is what most understand by yoga namely the improvement of physical health and shape through exercise, proper breathing and meditation. Raja Yoga develops spirituality and intellect.
This is a more theoretical lesson. Karma yoga is also a spiritual teaching, but it focuses mainly on loving others and purifying one’s conscience. Bhakti yoga is devotion to a higher power, and Jnana yoga is a process of intellectual evolution.
Generally, to fully understand what yoga is and merging with the universe, you need to practice several basic types of yoga.
Just the theory of what yoga is or just practicing yoga without in-depth knowledge will not do much. What is yoga can only be understood by those who practice it.
Nowadays, yoga can be practiced in many yoga studios or even in SPA centers and fitness centers, but it is important that the yoga instructor is really knowledgeable and familiar with both the basic ideology of yoga and several types of it.
Types of Yoga
It just seems that there is only one way to do yoga. No, this is not the case. Just as Latin America dances come in many forms, so does yoga.
It doesn’t matter what yoga class you go to, but if you want to put your body in order and focus on a specific part of your body or one of your psychological problems, then it would be worthwhile to understand the diversity of yoga.
“The purest form of yoga” is what we call this yoga. The most popular form of yoga in the world.
Those who are not so flexible should try Anusara yoga, because they will not have to stretch and bend over their measures.
This yoga is for those who want to improve their mood. This is achieved by activating the emergence of positive feelings.
It is worth knowing that if you practice this type of yoga in group classes, then you should be prepared to cooperate with solid group members and praise their success out loud.
Ashtanga yoga comprises six successive posture stages. Progress is made by following these steps in sequence.
When performing this type of yoga, drift fluently moving sequentially from one position to another, not forgetting about exhalation and inhalation.
Initially, this type of yoga was intended for young people to help concentrate their thoughts and strength, but now it is more for those who want to lose weight.
By performing various athletic poses, you will gain a stately height, good posture and self-confidence.
The difference between the previous yoga is that we perform this yoga in the sauna room.
The chief thing for this type is that it requires humid air (40%), and a temperature of 40.5 degrees. During the lesson, we perform 26 consecutive basic poses. We repeat this cycle 2 times.
This yoga helps against excess weight – it is possible to lose up to 600 calories at a time.
We train endurance during the lesson, because we need a lot of endurance and patience during an hour and a half. If you go for this type of yoga, don’t forget to bring a bottle of water.
Hatha Yoga covers almost all forms of modern yoga today. Hatha is the foundation, but the rest of yoga is the branch.
This type of yoga helps to calm down, relieve stress, and obviously improves a person’s physical fitness. Everyone can practice this type of yoga, because everyone can find the most suitable style of yoga.
In this form of yoga, various aids are used to assume postures, such as straps, cubes, oblique boards, belts, e.t.c. This type of yoga is often called “furniture yoga”.
We can practice Yoga at any age and with any prior knowledge of yoga, but we do not consider this type easy either.
This yoga helps to learn different paws, and train all muscle groups. If you perform this yoga, then you will gain muscle exercise for the rest of your life.
Jivamukti – liberation during life. This type of yoga is especially physically strenuous. The type of yoga calls for vegetarianism and includes complete openness of the mind to any beliefs. This type of yoga was already in ancient philosophy.
Yoga is for those who want to improve themselves. Yoga comprises three stages –
- Getting to know our body (we understand how our body works in different poses),
- Acceptance (when we learn poses, we have to take them for a longer time),
- Learning (we get into our body and let ourselves be a teacher and understand ourselves) .
During Kundalini yoga, there is a continuous movement, moving from one position to another.
At the beginning of the lesson, we move the lower body, after which it verges to the rest of the body.
Yoga is for those who want it to be exciting and a part of life. You will try once – you will want more.
Power yoga – intended for those who want to burn their calories, strengthen metabolism.
Everyone who is not afraid of challenges should try this type of yoga. They derived strength yoga from Ashtanga yoga to please those who like acrobatics.
Many women have been practicing yoga until pregnancy. We always kept the body in shape, it liberated the mind. The question arises – what to do while I’m pregnant?
Simply, continue your usual yoga classes, but find the most suitable for you. Go to prenatal yoga. But remember, do not perform yoga at home, but with a coach or an experienced master.
This is how you will harm yourself. Find your nearest yoga center and go there. That way you will be in the community, meet new people, like-minded people, you may even have a new girlfriend.
They tailor Yoga for expectant mothers. Yoga has many forms for different stages of pregnancy (months). We can also perform this yoga after childbirth to regain physical shape, strength, gather thoughts.
If you have been practicing yoga before giving birth, then your muscles will be stronger and will be prepared for the big event of life. It will also be easier to regain shape in the postpartum period, because the muscles will already be trained.
Yoga helps to control weight and help during toxicosis, reduces swelling and cramps, tension in the uterine knees.
If there is a feeling of heaviness and problems with the stomach and intestines, then with the help of yoga it is possible to arrange these things as well – to strengthen the abdominal muscles, massage the abdomen, stimulating the intestines, thus normalizing appetite. Yoga helps the baby to take the most comfortable lying position in the uterine cavity.
We recommend it to use yoga, even if your back hurts. Don’t be afraid of it. Specialists will recommend the right posture, and together you will also prevent back pain. A woman must always feel beautiful and satisfied.
During yoga, we learn to breathe properly. By breathing, we also provide the baby with the amount of oxygen. It is also useful during childbirth.
Women often forget to “breathe” properly during childbirth, making it difficult for them to breathe. If a woman has learned to breathe properly, to relax, then childbirth will be much easier. Make it easier for yourself and your baby at this moment.
If you practice yoga, you are much more likely to have postpartum depression. You will not have to seek help, you will gather, you will feel happy, radiant. You will focus all your attention on the baby.
Yoga with meditation is necessary to relieve stress and tension both during pregnancy and the postpartum period.
With the help of meditation, it is possible to get a deeper connection with yourself, and with the child. By meditating you will understand yourself – you will listen more to your thoughts, understand your wishes and feelings. You will understand different things with a cool mind and accept them – to find the right solutions.
Often a woman suffers from insomnia during pregnancy. We think about childbirth, suffer from problems, often visit facilities – the body and mind are disturbed to rest.
Deep relaxation would be useful here. If you spend one hour in deep relaxation, then it is 4 hours of full sleep. Your mind is awake, but your body rests.
This is especially important before giving birth, the body must be strong to do physically hard work.
Deep relaxation would also be useful in the postpartum period, when the body needs rest, because you will have consumed a lot of strength in the process of childbirth, and not very well-slept nights began.
A joyful mother at home is the most important thing, because then the baby will also feel protected, calmer and happier.
Why Do You Also Need To Practice Yoga At Home?
People’s first contact with yoga is very different – some try to get to know it in class, together with an instructor, others try to learn it at home by reading books or watching videos.
Can you call these attempts to learn yoga a serious practice? On the one hand, we can say that how. Everything we do this way is our practice.
If we look from the other side, then it must be said that for a beginner, it is difficult to create such activities that would meet the needs of his body and bring the maximum amount of benefits.
During yoga classes, all muscles and all joints feel a great load. Only if your spine is in the right position and if you breathe properly during the asanas can yoga, give you maximum benefit, if not, can it hurt you over?
That is why practice yoga in the presence of an experienced instructor who will control what is going on and help you overcome the first difficulties.
In addition, when learning from books and discs at home, they limit you in your choice of asanas and cannot understand their sequence.
When you work in a group, you have a much better chance of trying something new and interesting, recharging the group with energy, being inspired by an instructor, and asking him or her questions and asking for individual counseling.
So Why Practice Yoga At Home?
Because when you practice yoga at home, you will stop depending on the club’s working hours and instructor.
You will practice for as long as you want and choose the time when you want, you will do it on the mat and without the mat, both in silence and with music.
In a certain position, you will linger longer, but the one that does not meet, repeat several times.
Another big plus for classes at home – no one distracts you and therefore there is an opportunity to immerse yourself even more in asanas and breathing techniques, to feel the effect of yoga better.
To practice yoga on your own, you need to be ready for it and when it will happen; it is impossible to predict. Some, after some yoga classes, feel confident and able to practice it independently, while others take several years.
Here, only you yourself can navigate your feelings and determine the right time. No instructor can help you find answers to this question.
Tips For Beginners
Try to repeat at home what you did in yoga classes, just do not repeat everything that you did with the instructor, try to make it all even more suitable for you, treat the process creatively.
Try to diversify your lessons, develop your mobility. Perform asanas upright, sitting, lying on your stomach, on your back, inverted.
For beginners, the emphasis should be more on the poses upright, learn to keep them in balance. Such poses perfectly strengthen the movement – support the apparatus and prepare for a much heavier load.
You can also use breathing exercises during the lessons: in the first half of the day, those that will help you wake up, in the evening, those that will help you calm down.
At The End Of The Lesson, It Is Important To Harmonize The Flow Of Energy
But most importantly, remember that yoga is not a sport, not running for results. No matter how complex the asanas you perform, it matters whether you like it and whether you enjoy what you do.
It is important to listen to yourself, your body, thoughts and emotions, try to perform the asanas as correctly as possible and enjoy it.
Is Yoga Able To Help Get Rid Of Excess Weight?
Will yoga help you lose weight? This question interests both people who have been practicing yoga for a long time and those who have been practicing yoga very recently.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, because a lot depends on how you do it, what you eat and your attitude towards yoga.
The question of the effectiveness of yoga applies to many, both those who are going to go to their first lesson and those who have been practicing yoga for several years.
But rarely does an instructor give you an unambiguous answer to this question, because the effect of yoga on the body depends not only on the proper performance of asanas but also on many other factors – proper eating, instructor, breathing exercises, etc.
Can Yoga Help Us Lose Weight?
Of course, you can, just before choosing this method of weight loss, should understand what is yoga. Yoga is a system of self-knowledge.
There are many directions of yoga. If you have lost weight with the help of yoga, then know that the problem of overweight affects not only the physical body, the reasons can be very deep in the subconscious or, as yoga says, in the subtle bodies.
These include the emotional body, the mental body, and a few others. The cause of the disease appears long before its physical manifestation. Psychologists often say that being overweight, it is a fear of the subconscious, the desire to distance themselves from the world.
Here, yoga can help change the inner worldview, daily habits, and then you will really see how your body changes.
Where To Begin?
Which Yoga Should I Choose To Get Rid Of Excess Weight?
People who want to get rid of excess weight need to start with the simplest yoga practices, because along with overweight there are other health problems – pressure, cardiovascular diseases, spine diseases.
Intensive breathing practices will not be suitable for such people, also because there is not a sufficient preparation, there is no flexibility.
Therefore, I recommend everyone to start with the first steps of Hatha Yoga. An experienced instructor will always tell you in advance which exercises to avoid, because there are exercises in yoga that lower or raise blood pressure.
The great teacher, Yogi Aiyengar, was very demanding of his students, so Aiyengar Yoga requires a lot of endurance.
Yoga has a strict and demanding approach. It is called the father principle and the gentle – mother approach, when the student is likely to do something for pleasure.
How To Find Your Teacher, Where Should I Pay More Attention?
Pay attention to your intuition, how well you feel with this person. With an excellent teacher for the lesson, you will hurry and look forward to it.
If you force yourself to go to classes, then it is probably not your person. In an excellent teacher, you fall in love and become one. In addition, you need to consider what style you like.
Those people who do not have enough willpower like that the teacher is relatively strict and can force them to practice. Others, again, like it when the approach is much softer.
You need to consider these factors and then you will find your ideal teacher and fall in love with yoga forever.
Any form of yoga is effective, you just have to consider your level of preparation. In addition, it is imperative to look at how much you are overweight – 3 – 5 kg or high in obesity.
If there is a second option, then I would not recommend starting with Bikram – yoga or Hot – yoga, because these classes will 100% increase blood pressure, especially if this problem already exists, and the appearance of cardiovascular disease.
It’s not worth experimenting because you can hurt yourself.
Interesting Facts About Yoga
Did You Know?
- People have known yoga for more than 5 thousand years, as evidenced by archaeological excavations in Indian cities. Scientists have found seals depicting the ancient deities in yoga poses, which is what suggests that yoga classes appeared very long ago, around the 3rd century BC.
- Archaeological excavations show that yoga was practiced not only in India, but also by ancient civilizations in Latin America.
- For many people, yoga is a profession, a way of life and the basis of existence. When you do yoga, you get the least injuries compared to other types of fitness. You can start practicing yoga at any age, even if you have never done anything like it before. The main thing is to choose an experienced instructor who will help you to understand asanas correctly and compile a complex of yoga exercises suitable for you.
- It has been proven that yoga is also recommended while you are expecting a baby, just before that, it is imperative that you consult a doctor, and if the doctor does not see any reasons that might prevent you from doing so, you can continue the lessons. If the expectant mother is engaged in yoga, then the birth is much easier for her.
- Yoga helps to overcome stress and get rid of it. Focusing on breathing and performing the asana properly, frees the mind and allows you to get rid of unpleasant thoughts, the positive thing is that this effect persists even after classes.
- Yoga exercises can strengthen muscles and improve posture. This will benefit your health, as countless diseases are directly related to spinal problems, and will also make you look much more attractive to the eyes of the opposite sex.
- Regular yoga classes will help you get rid of insomnia and its causes. You will learn to relax and fully rest, even if you do not have enough time to sleep well (this is exceptional, because sleeping is very important).
- Yoga exercise complex, weight loss, along with healthy and useful food will allow you to get rid of extra pounds forever. It must be said that the “inventory” of the menu takes place in a natural way, as if by itself, you simply no longer want to eat fatty foods, “heavy” products for the stomach. Therefore, a lot of people who practice yoga are vegetarians or become so over time, but this is not the main condition for practicing yoga, you can still continue to use meat products.
- Yoga exercises designed to improve coordination and balance will be very useful for you in everyday life – you will be able to “gather” much better, you will improve your posture, your gait will change, you will become more graceful.
- Doing yoga strengthens the muscles and increases their tone, which means that you will get less tired and become more resilient.
- Yoga has been shown to replace the effects of many medications and get rid of chronic pain in both the back and joints. Unlike many painkillers, yoga is not addictive and is harmless to health.
- Cardiologists recommend yoga as a great way to strengthen the heart muscle and as a great addition to fitness exercises. Yoga has another great property, it boosts immunity.
- Thanks to the increased circulation of oxygen in the tissues, digestive organs and small pelvic organs, yoga can prevent and get rid of various diseases, such as gastritis or gynecological diseases.
- Practicing yoga prevents osteoporosis, improves concentration and memory, the ability to better perceive new information, provides vitality and energy throughout the day.
- Even the most complex asanas in yoga can be learned and practiced if you practice yoga regularly and even if you have only recently begun to do so.
- By practicing yoga, you expand your circle of friends who have exactly the same interests as you, learn to spend your time usefully with friends.
- Yoga is the first step in gaining harmony with yourself and the people around you, with the surrounding space, it is a completely new way of life that will change your inner world for the better.
Myth or Truth?
By practicing yoga you will not get instant results, but it triggers the natural self-regulatory processes in our body. Yoga gives lasting results and solves many health problems.
1. You need to be a vegetarian to practice yoga. This is a myth.
Yoga requires nothing and imposes nothing, it only recommends, including what is better to eat. These recommendations will speed up some progress and increase the effectiveness of the lessons.
2. Yoga is a religion. This is a myth.
It is not a religious system, but a spiritual system. Yoga does not obey any higher being, the purpose of yoga is to help people improve and achieve harmony with themselves.
3. You can practice yoga at any age and you can start doing it at any age. Yes, it is true.
The most important thing to remember is that you need to accumulate the load and the complexity of the exercises.
All exercises should be performed slowly, do not rush. You need to feel comfortable, do not perform complicated asanas at once, because failures and injuries can rob you of any pleasure in practicing yoga. Take your time, in time everything will come to you.
4. You need to be flexible in practice yoga. This is a myth.
When you see what an instructor who teaches yoga is capable of, you may decide that it is not for you.
That is not the case. Flexibility in yoga is not the key. The primary goal of yoga is to improve and be in harmony with yourself. By practicing yoga regularly, you will become more flexible over time, just as your body allows.
Each of us can improve, regardless of age, flexibility and health.
5. Yoga is not suitable for the elderly. This is a myth.
You can start practicing yoga at any age. It’s much healthier than lounging on the couch and watching TV. The Queen of Belgium, at 84, could learn yoga and stand on her head, so you can too.
6. Thanks to yoga classes, people look younger. It is the truth.
Any healthy person with a beautiful posture looks much younger, no matter what sport it involves him in. Yoga helps to find harmony in your soul, to enjoy life.
7, Yoga improves sex life. It is the truth.
Yoga helps to strengthen the small pelvic muscles, teaches them to control. Yoga helps to get rid of body tension and unnecessary muscle stiffness, it helps to relax and get rid of daily stress. Exercises will tune the body and brain to gain sensations.
Tips For Those Who Want To Organize Themselves
- Forget about the elevator. Get down and go up the stairs only;
- Walk more;
- Do a simple exercise every morning;
- If you have a plot of land in your backyard, take an active part in it, but if you don’t have one, then help your relatives or friends who have one;
- Practice healing practices;
- At work, regularly hold short physical exercises, squat, climb and down stairs, breathe fresh air;
- Use as little transport as possible, both public and private;
- Take a contrast shower;
- Start eating properly. Give up fatty, sweet and floury dishes;
- Boil food more, stew, steam;
- Give up fast food and semi-finished products, as well as carbonated drinks, chips and other similar foods;
- Use as little mayonnaise, sausages, dumplings, etc;
- Eat more greens, fruits, vegetables, lean protein – cottage cheese, meat, fish;
- Drink about 2 liters of water every day;
Drink a glass of water 30 minutes before eating;
- Stop drinking tea and coffee immediately after a meal. Drink between meals, without snacks;
- Do not drink alcohol if you drink it no more than once a month;
- Do not take any snacks between meals;
- Stop eating three hours before going to bed, before going to bed you can drink a glass of non-fat kefir;
- Follow the daily routine;
- Go to bed no later than 22 – 23, but get up from 5 – 6 – 7.
All problems start with not following the regime.
The 4 Most Popular Myths About Yoga
There are many myths about yoga today, the most popular of which are:
- Yoga is only for flexible people;
- Yoga is more for women;
- Yoga is for younger people;
- By practicing yoga, the load is not heavy and you will quickly get bored compared to fitness.
Let’s try to sort this out one by one.
Yoga is only for flexible people
This is a 100% myth, although in reality yoga is very much associated with flexibility, but it is in our imagination, for example, in India everything is different.
Yes, that’s right, some yogis, and not just women, are developing real acrobatic flexibility, but we’re not talking even to those who are already naturally gifted, but to ordinary people who have noticeably developed flexibility by practicing yoga.
If we compare the words “yoga” and “flexibility”, then they are compatible, but the words “yoga” and “lying on the nails” have nothing in common.
None of the original treatises are about yoga and flexibility, all talk about hard and intensive work or achieving many achievements, from getting rid of various diseases, to controlling the mind and ending with the fantastic “Siddhas”. have supernatural abilities.
It is possible that the concept of yoga and flexibility has emerged nowadays, because now, a great deal of emphasis is placed on physical development rather than mental development to achieve
flexibility, gymnastics, ballet and circus techniques are used, all this is an aggressive development of flexibility.
If you practice yoga, your flexibility will increase. It is worth remembering for everyone of any age who is going to go yoga. You do not need any previous training to practice yoga, you can start with any physical training, even if you have had injuries.
Yoga Is More For Women
The fact is that today 90% of women practice yoga. Why? Because women have more free time, we position yoga as a gymnastics for women, women follow their appearance more, are more interested in esotericism and spiritual development.
But yoga can also offer a lot to a man. Until the beginning of the 20th century, men practiced yoga. Even today, in India, we do not accept it that women practice yoga; they feel significant resistance from both the family and society.
Practicing yoga develops physical strength and endurance, intellect, willpower, allows to become more active and successful, practicing yoga improves men’s health, prevents chronic diseases of men.
Yoga Is For Younger People
This is not the case today. Many women and men in their 40s take an interest in yoga, start practicing it and get fantastic results.
If we read the literature on yoga, then in no article can we encounter at least one restriction related to age. Many yoga teachers emphasize that yoga is for people of all ages, you just need to practice it properly and regularly.
Practicing Yoga Quickly Gets Boring and Does Not Give Enough Workout
In fact, such an idea of yoga can only come to a person who is little known about yoga training technologies. There are about 1,080 exercises in the yoga arsenal, and 108 of them are very important.
Now, compare it to the number of techniques a person uses in the gym, it is not over 20 – 30, even if you turn to specialists for advice. The question arises, can yoga bother?
If you have gone to class and you feel bored, go to classes with other instructors and you will definitely find a person and his way of teaching yoga that will be pleasing to your heart.
If we talk about exercise, then everything is fine here, because there is not only classical yoga, there are also types of yoga that will be able to make even a trained person sweat thoroughly.
Physical exercises in yoga are the first level you encounter, over time you will encounter both the energetic and mental levels and then the practice will become even more interesting.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
In what cases is it not recommended to practice yoga?
Yoga combines both physical and mental practices. Recently, it has become very popular in European countries and is taught as a system of healing exercises, but spiritual practice is being relegated to the background.
If you are thinking about yoga classes, then you need to consider all the pros and cons. Despite the many benefits of practicing yoga, there are many contraindications to this ancient practice.
If you are young and you are in good health, then you can safely go to yoga classes without a doctor’s advice. But if you have health problems, then instead of the expected improvement, even bigger problems may start, we cannot say this for the whole yoga but for the individual asanas. However, with many diseases, practicing yoga is strictly forbidden.
If we look at yoga as a set of physical exercises, then the approach must be very careful. This means that you can hurt yourself if you do not follow all the rules and regulations.
Before attending yoga classes, make sure you have no reason not to do so. As we have already mentioned, yoga classes can bring many benefits, but there are still cases when it is forbidden to practice it.
In What Cases Can You Not Practice Yoga:
- The overall difficult condition, when no movement is practically possible, because it will make the situation even worse
- Mental disorders
- Heart disease
- Blood diseases
- Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders
- In case of severe cranial injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- In case of severe body changes
But, it must be said that even in the cases mentioned here, practicing yoga can have a positive effect, it is only necessary to practice it under the supervision of an experienced instructor and preferably individually.
In Which Cases Should Classes Be Temporarily Suspended:
- If you take large amounts of the medicine systematically;
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- In the postoperative period;
- Severe physical fatigue;
- Overheating or cooling;
- If your body temperature is higher than 37 or lower than 36.2 degrees;
- If you play professional sports or you have a large amount of sports;
- A full stomach;
- If you have a deep massage course;
- Going to the steam bath or sauna is allowed not earlier than 6 – 8 hours, after performing the asanas, or an hour before.
Adapted Lessons Are Possible In The Following Cases:
- Menstruation. During this period, the lessons must be even more lenient, all strength and “standing” postures, bending back.
- Pregnancy. During the classes, special attention is paid to breathing exercises, exercises that help to relax the body, especially the abdominal muscles and uterus.
- Varicose veins. In this case, postures that require balance on one or both legs are not recommended.
- Problems with the digestive organs. If you have a stomach ulcer or other illness, you should not perform certain asanas that your instructor will tell you about.
To Drink Or Not To Drink Water During Yoga Classes?
When it comes to water, it must be said that pure water is very useful for our body and its lack can cause many problems.
It is believed that you need to drink 2 liters of water during the day, it must be said that this is not very correct.
During the cold period, you need to drink an amount of water equal to 30 milliliters of water multiplied by your body weight. During the hot period, a little more, 40 milliliters multiplied by your body weight.
Use Of Water During Yoga Classes
The body absorbs water relatively quickly, because it immediately enters the intestinal tract from the stomach. So, 5 – 10 minutes before yoga classes, you can drink a glass of water, but no more.
An extensive amount of drinking water will cause chemical and physical changes in the blood, which the body will want to restore by excreting excess fluid through the urinary tract. Your bladder will be full and you will want to go to the toilet.
During classes, it is better not to drink water, but if you really want to, they could be just a few sips.
In such cases, water will come in handy, because with dehydration, the blood becomes thicker, and this interferes with normal metabolism, and as a result, we may feel a decrease in work capacity.
There are asanas before which we do not recommend it to drink, what exactly they are, ask your instructor.
After classes you can safely drink water, just drink it for a small taste and only one glass. If you wish, you can drink green or white tea to rejuvenate faster.